Solar Panel Installation
Go green and think forward with solar panel installations for your own home. This will reduce your carbon footprint and protect the environment.
Free Quote for Solar Panel Installation
Forward Thinking and Savings
As climate change becomes increasingly concerning, many are looking into green alternatives to power their homes. Solar panels are the best option and are growing in popularity among home buyers. Solar panel installations reduce your home’s carbon footprint and increase the value of your home. Concierge Home Remodeling has a team of experts who are dedicated to helping homeowners install solar panels on their homes.
When making the switch to solar panels, you save an estimated $69,000 over a 25-year span. These are significant savings, especially when they are from your energy costs. For this reason alone, you should consider solar panel installations. Concierge Home Remodeling is here to assist you when you are ready to make the change, or rather, the upgrade.
Solar Panel Installation Process
The solar panel installation process is not as easy as flipping a switch for clean, renewable energy. Instead, it takes proper planning, design, and installation for it to be an effective option for homeowners. Concierge Home Remodeling will help you get through the solar panel installation process appropriately so that you can finally flip the switch.
1. Roof Assessment: Before we can start installing your solar panels in your home, your roof needs to be inspected and assessed. Since the roof is the place your panels will sit, our contractors will need to make the proper measurements, inspect structural integrity, and bear the load. Not all homes are built for solar panels. Your roof may not be suitable for supporting additional weight, while your electrical system may also not be compatible. Our team will assess these parts of your home and provide you with a detailed report afterward.
2. Finalizing Design: When your roof is approved for solar panel installation, our team will work with you on a design. We typically suggest the optimal design for your home as it will be built to your home’s specifications and architecture. This is the point we will also detail each of your solar panel system parts, so you understand what goes into powering your home solely on sunlight. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or provide feedback during this phase, as the design can always change to meet your personal preferences.
3. Obtaining Permits: Our team will handle all of the necessary permits and paperwork needed for the solar panel installation.
4. Solar Panel Installation: Once the design is finalized, the equipment is ready, and permits are in order, we can start the solar panel installation. We start by preparing the roof for the panels. Our team will then move to prepare the electrical system by connecting the appropriate wiring to your home’s power system. Afterward, they attach the racking that will support the panels. The solar panels are then installed, and finally, the inverter system. Typically, solar panel installations take between one to three days, depending on the complexity of the design and size of the home.
5. Inspection and Approval: Before you can start using your solar panels, the installation must be inspected by the city and the electric company. A member of our team will walk the representatives through all of the technical details. After they give the green light, our team will turn your solar panels so you can use clean, renewable energy.
Solar panels are growing in popularity, but they present a lot of questions. We answered a few questions here to help you feel more comfortable. Give our team a call to ask us any other questions.
How many solar panels do I need for my home?
The number of solar panels you need for your home depends on how much power they produce, how efficient the panels are, and how much sunlight hits your home. Once we meet with you, our team can calculate the number of panels you’ll need.
How long does it take to install solar panels?
On average, it takes one to three days to install solar panels and all the necessary equipment.
How long do solar panels last?
Solar panels typically last around 25 years. They only lose 0.5% efficiency every 20 years. That said, you can expect about a 90% efficiency rate after that 20 years.