Turn your bathroom into an oasis for you to retreat to after a long and stressful week with a bathroom remodeling project.
Free Quote for Bathroom Remodeling
Create an Oasis Getaway
The bathroom is the first room to greet us in the morning and the last to send us to bed. When we spend so much time in the bathroom, it is critical it is capable of helping us relax when necessary. The goal of bathroom remodeling is to do just that since many bathrooms are cramped, cluttered, and in serious need of an update.
Additionally, bathrooms are often plagued with old, leaky pipes and faucets. These outdated features raise utility bills and can cause serious water damage problems. According to Statista, 33% of homeowners who completed a bathroom remodeling project could no longer stand their old bathroom. If you fall into this category, then you may be in need of our bathroom remodeling services.
Planning and Design
- The first step in all of our projects is planning and design. This is done by sitting you down with a general contractor and designer. They will ask you a series of questions to get an understanding of what you want your bathroom to achieve. They will discuss materials, layout, style, and more during this time. This is the time for you to ask any questions you may have. Our team would be happy to answer anything.
- On the first day of the bathroom remodel, we start demolition of the bathroom. We start by turning the water and electricity off to the room. We remove the sink, vanity, tub, cabinets, and anything else that needs to be removed. We will also start demolishing any walls that need to be removed in the event you are expanding your room.
Plumbing and Electrical
- The first improvements we make are to the plumbing and electrical. We will almost always update the plumbing since it is often outdated and has some type of leak. Any layout changes will most certainly need to be updated with new plumbing and electrical.
Replace Shower or Tub
- Once the plumbing and electrical are corrected, our team can start installing the shower or tub. This isn’t always necessary as some clients decide to keep their existing shower or tub. Showers that are staying will receive new tile and seal while tubs will be refinished.
Flooring and Walls
- Tile is the most common type of flooring in bathrooms. Our team will install the new tile for your floor and the shower. As for the walls, we wait for the drywall to be repaired and finished before we start painting.
Vanity and Lighting
- After the walls have dried, we start installing the vanity alongside the lights. The vanity and lights pair well together as they have a big impact on your bathroom’s style. When the fixtures are completed, and the vanity is in, you will start to see your bathroom materialize.
Faucets and Toilet
- One of the last things we install includes the sinks and toilet. After the vanity is installed, we install the faucets with the sinks. From there, we move to install the toilet.
- The door is one of the last features we complete, along with the trim. Installing the door lasts helps us keep it preserved and gives us more room when working in the space.
- Finally, the last few things we install include accessories like towel holders and mirrors. These accessories don’t take too much time and are the final things we install during the bathroom remodeling project.
- The last step in our bathroom remodeling project is for you to enjoy it!
Bathroom remodeling projects can bring up a lot of questions regarding costs, design, plumbing, timelines, and more. We’ve decided to answer a few commonly asked questions here.
How much does bathroom remodeling cost?
The cost of a bathroom remodeling project will vary drastically because of many factors. Some of those factors include the size of the bathroom, the extent of the remodel, features or appliances you want, material choices, labor, geographic area, and more. If you want some idea as to an average bathroom remodeling cost, check out the Cost vs. Value 2022 report.
How long does a bathroom remodel take?
A bathroom remodel can take anywhere from two to six weeks. Many factors affect the time it takes to complete a bathroom remodel, like the size of the bathroom, the extent of the remodel, and material order delays. During your planning process, our team will work with you to establish an accurate timeline for your specific bathroom remodel.
Do you need permits for a bathroom remodel?
Permits are required for bathroom remodels if there are plumbing, electrical, or structure changes. Some examples include replacing your toilet, installing a window where the wasn’t one prior, or extending the square footage of your bathroom.
Cosmetic changes rarely ever require a building permit. This may include installing new shower tile, changing your water fixtures, or painting. If your remodeling project requires a building permit, our team will apply for them when necessary.
Do I need bathroom remodeling ideas before contacting Concierge Home Remodeling?
You do not! We’ve worked with many homeowners who have no clue what they want their bathroom to look like after the work is over. Our team is here to help you discover what styles, designs, materials, and features are suitable for your personality and existing bathroom. The contractors and designers on our team will walk you through the design process to identify the perfect design.
For those with bathroom ideas, that’s perfect! That is a great way to jumpstart the design process. We recommend saving images or creating a Pinterest board with the types of bathroom designs you love. These materials help our team understand what you’re looking for in a bathroom remodel.